In October 2018 Orchard Primary Academy were visited by Ofsted.
Below is some information from the report.
|Effectiveness of Leadership and Management||Good|
|Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment||Good|
|Personal development, behaviour and Welfare||Requires Improvement|
|Early Years Provision||Good|
|Overall Effectiveness||Requires Improvement|
Ofsted states that Orchard Primary Academy has the following Strengths:
- The principal has brought a determined commitment to raising aspirations and improving pupils’ outcomes. The culture of the school is quickly changing for the better.
- Other new leaders are already having an effect on strengthening the quality of teaching and learning. There is now a consistent approach to teaching which enables pupils to make improving gains in their learning.
- Pupils and staff are unanimous in their view that behaviour in the school has been transformed for the better from where it was a year ago.
- There is a strong curriculum that meets pupils’ personal, social, health and economic development.
- A commitment to pupils’ well-being and safety permeates the life of the school.
To read the full report please click on the link below.