Class dojo is an educational technology communication app and website. It works on all devices, like tablets, phones, computers and ipads. It connects primary school teachers, students and families and helps teachers to connect with children when they are not at school.
What can Class Dojo do?
- Teachers can bring parents into the classroom experience by sharing photos, videos, and announcements.
- Teachers can set work for pupils in their class using videos, messages and worksheets.
- Students can add their classwork easily to their own digital portfolios for their parents to and teachers to see.
- Parents get to see feedback from the class teacher about their child’s work.
- Teachers can also safely and instantly message with any parent.
- Messaging can be translated into more than 35 languages.
How to get started
1. You will receive a text message from class dojo inviting you to join. Click on the link
2. Sign up with your name (Parent details) and email address
3. If you are using a tablet or a phone, then please download the class dojo app from the app store or google play as this makes it easier to use.
4. Open the app or go to classdojo.com
5. Click on ‘I’m a parent’ 6. Click on ‘I have an account’
7. Enter your sign in details. These are the email and password you used in step 2
8. Allow notifications. Now your parent’ home screen will appear on class dojo.
9. Click on your child’s name in the drop down box.
10. Then agree to the terms and click continue
How to use Dojo
All tasks and activities will be set to your child’s account and you will need to click on your child’s name to access activities set. All activities can be responded to using the method sent by the class teacher. This could be:
- responding with a text message
- responding with a video or picture
- responding by drawing on the screen
- or completing a worksheet.
Receiving teacher feedback or messaging your child’s class teacher
Dojo allows you to get feedback on your child’s work or message the teacher for help or further information. To do this you will need to go to the parent account rather than your child’s name. The parent account is used to give feedback so that you can discuss this with your child.