What is choir?
Orchard Primary Academy school choir is a place for our children to come together and sing, dance, laugh and have fun - but most importantly, it provides them with a safe environment to tap into something new!
What are the benefits?
There are lots and lots of proven benefits that go hand-in-hand with being part of a school choir. Below are just a few of them!
- Choir provides children with a sense of belonging.
- It also provides children with a way to express themselves.
- It is proven to reduce stress, anger and anxiety.
- It helps children with their self-esteem, and helps to build their confidence.
- Practising musical patterns, rhythms and dance moves are proven to help improve memory!
- Singing helps improve posture.
- Singing songs and learning dances from different cultures helps develop acceptance and international awareness!
What do we do?
Our school choir started off very modestly, however we have grown so much in such a short space of time! We have taken our amazing choir to some amazing places, spreading joy and happiness as we do so. We've maintained our important community links and shared our passion for singing and performing with our local care home, providing the residents with Christmas carol concerts. We have also performed in our whole-school assemblies, which is always a real treat for everyone! Further afield, we had an amazing opportunity to attend Young Voices for the first time in January 2020. Our choir spent months and months practising and perfecting not only songs, but also numerous dance routines. The reward for all of our hard work came when we travelled to Manchester Arena and joined forces with thousands of other children from hundreds of other schools to create the world's biggest school choir! It was an unforgettable experience for all of us - we even sang with some celebrities, including Tony Hadley! We will now be running this event on a yearly basis so don't worry if you missed out this year, but do keep your eyes and ears peeled for news of the Young Voices 2021 season!
Care Home Concerts:
Young Voices 2020: